NEW TO BOOKBINDING
If you are interested in learning about bookbinding you have come to the right place. No other club, tutor or college in Southern England offers such an affordable, flexible and complete beginners courses.
The courses for beginners are split into two: an Introductory Course followed by an optional Intermediate Course. Normally you will need to complete the Introductory Course before starting the Intermediate Course.
The courses will progressively help you understand and practice the basic methods and techniques of making books. Once completed, the courses provide the foundation for further developing your skills and pursuing your own bookbinding/ bookcraft interests.
You can start the Introductory Course at any point during the year and attend on Club Days*. So you might be working alongside other beginners who are at a different stage.
You can work at your own pace in the bindery and get help and support from the tutor whenever you like. As you progress you will become more independent as you repeat some of the processes and techniques already learnt.
Once you have completed the courses, the Club provides excellent facilities and further guidance for any beginner that would like to join as a member.
Introductory/Intermediate Course summary
- Introductory Course = 6 half-day sessions. Intermediate Course = 6 half-day sessions
- * Attend on Club Days on Tues/Fri am or Weds evening (subject to tutor availability)
- Choose when to start/when to attend
- All tools and materials provided
- Courses developed and refined over many years
- Personal tuition by an experienced bookbinder
- Fully equipped bindery
- Rewarding, fun and stimulating
- Total cost for Introductory Course £95. Total cost for Intermediate course £95
To apply please complete this form. Once you have been allocated a place you will be sent payment details. Your place is only confirmed once payment is received. If you need additional information before applying please contact our Courses Co-ordinator, John